Cheshire East Public Transport News and Notices
Last updated 14 May 2018:
Bus services can be registered with between 42 and 70 days notice, although registrations may be granted at short notice. GOV.UK has more information about running local bus services and penalties for poor service.
In the UK bus routes are required to be registered under the Transport Act 1985. You can find details of registered routes at:
Bus operators and complaints
Please contact the Operator for further information regarding individual services and fare information.
- Hollinshead's Coaches Tel: 01782 512209
- Mikro Coaches Tel: 01270 588 867
- Selwyns Tel: 0161 223 3103
- Stagecoach Tel: 0161 273 3377
- Tomlinson Travel Tel: 01606 551 698
- Traveline Tel: 0871 200 22 33 (open 7 days a week 8am to 8pm)
Bus service changes in date order
You can order Cheshire East bus timetables to your home address or pick one up from Cheshire East libraries.
Monday 18 June 2018
- D&G 130 Macclesfield – Wilmslow – Manchester Airport: commercial service. Service withdrawn, registration cancelled. The Arriva 130 will provide an alternative on part of the route, but there will no longer be any buses from Wilmslow via Styal to Manchester Airport.
Spring Bank Holiday Monday 28 May 2018
- Services are subject to change with a Sunday / BH service in operation on some routes. Please contact the operator for exact details.
Sunday 27 May 2018
- Transpeak High Peak PC0001086/51: Commercial service. Timetable revised and some journeys withdrawn or shortened. The 8 / 9am Monday to Friday Summer July - August only journeys via Disley have been withdrawn.
Sunday 20 May 2018
National Rail Timetables will be changing from Sunday 20 May 2018.
Public transport is now provided by Transport Service Solutions (TSS) - a company owned and controlled by Cheshire East Council.
Bus Stop Information Displays
Passengers can find bus stop timetable displays at over 1200 bus stops in Cheshire East. Where possible we try to update the bus stop displays the day before a service change; although this can be a few days either side on occasion. Each display has a date at the top to show when it was last updated.
Road closures, gritting and disruption information
You can view all the roadworks and road closures in East Cheshire on the Cheshire East Highways Roadworks page.
Passengers and commuters are recommended to follow Cheshire East Highway's Twitter account to receive the latest information on Highway and Transport issues for East Cheshire:
During severe weather passengers and drivers are advised to check the weather forecast for Cheshire or visit the Met Office website for details of the latest weather forecast and weather warnings so they can make an informed decision before travelling.